A few weeks back we talked about the 2012 Wolf & Carnivore Conference which is drawing close here in Thompson,Manitoba. Walk around the city and there’s certainly a spirit for what will be a hallmark event for our region.
We wanted to take a moment to share with you some details about the upcoming conference:
Naturally, a conference of this size and stature will concentrate on a number of themes. Topics which will be covered include:
- Wolf Ecology, Management and Policies
- Wolves & Polar Bear dynamics along the coast of the Hudson Bay
- Defining a Wolf/Carnivore Center of Excellence
- Current & future Wolf Research Projects in unstudied regions
Organizers have now announced the keynote speakers and invited presenter lineup, which features top researchers from across the globe, including:
- Dave Mech (University of Minnesota)
- Marco Musiani (University of Calgary)
- Nikita Ovsyanikov (Russian Academy of Sciences)
- Rick Baydack (University of Manitoba)
- Paul C. Paquet (University of Calgary)
Organizers of the Wolf and Carnivore Conference have also noted that there will be limited registration spaces open. Rooms will unquestionably be at a premium here at the Burntwood, so be sure to book now before it’s too late!
For more booking information, contact The Burntwood Hotel directly through our contact form here